This article will discuss what CBD is good for, and how you can help an underweight dog put on some pounds. How CBD Oil Can Increase Your Dog’s Appetite And Prevent Nausea & Vomiting Cannanine™ Ultra-Premium Hemp Oil (250mg, 500mg, 1000mg) $69.99 – $129.99 $39.99 – $99.99 The most potent and cost 8 Things You Didn’t Know About CBD Oil for Dogs Here are 8 things that you might not know about this herb that has taken the world by storm with so much misconception in the marketplace.
CBD Oil for a Dog’s Appetite
There’s lots of info out there about how CBD can help with appetite disorders in dogs! CBD oil can speed up your dog’s metabolism, and increase appetite. CBD is also known for its beneficial properties in reducing nausea, pain, and anxiety.
This article will discuss what CBD is good for, and how you can help an underweight dog put on some pounds.
What are dog appetite disorders?
Decreased appetite is often a sign that something is wrong, especially when there are other symptoms. Anorexia in dogs can cause joint pain, allergies, anxiety, nausea, and even seizures and depression. It can also be the result of cancer treatments or a painful dental condition! It can be long-term or short-term! If your furry best friend rejects his kibble, your dog may need veterinary attention and treatment. That said, ask your vet how you can use CBD pet supplements to help with pain, inflammation, nausea, and to also increase appetite.
Toxic materials can cause your dog to lose their appetite. Most instances of poisoning will lead to loss of appetite. Eating something like chocolate or trash can be a cause, and may even lead to life-threatening emergencies. Illness can also be caused by many different sources and can lead to loss of appetite. That said, let’s take a look and see how cannabidiol pet supplements can help.
Gastrointestinal diseases can make eating painful or a chore, leading to bloat or internal issues and infections. If your furry best friend is suffering from a digestive system disorder, symptoms may include drooling, constipation, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, bloating, and dehydration. With digestion being critical for providing nutrients, and also for maintaining the proper balance of electrolytes (salts) in the body, you’ll need to consult with your veterinarian for an examination to rule out any serious medical conditions before turning to cannabidiol (CBD) supplements for pets.
Natural aging, post-surgical pain, and injury
Additionally, natural aging, post-surgical pain, and injury can also cause your dog to lose his appetite. There are numerous other reasons to why your dog may have a lack of appetite. You may need to change his diet, increase his exercise schedule, and even spend more one-on-one time with him. Because you don’t really know what’s going on with him until you visit your vet, it’s best to discuss the use of CBD after a complete health check.
What is CBD oil?
Cannabidiol hemp oil for pets is harvested from hemp and works together with the endocannabinoid system (ECS) in both pets and humans, and provides homeostasis. CBD is regarded as both a superfood and supplement with numerous health benefits gained by its minerals like iron, zinc, and magnesium, and also antioxidants, and vitamins A, E, and C, which protects from free-radicals, resulting from everyday pollution.
CBD offers all 21 amino acids which are the building blocks of protein. CBD also contains phytocannabinoids, terpenes, and fatty acids which all help with stress relief. Cannabidiol is natural and not psychoactive when it has less than 0.03% THC. It is also the second, and the most prevalent active ingredient of cannabis.
CBD oil is derived from the cannabis plant(marijuana) and then diluted with a carrier oil like hemp seed oil or coconut oil. There are no mind-altering side effects with CBD (without the THC), and the latest scientific studies demonstrate numerous potential health benefits like relief from pain and stress. Let’s examine some of the health benefits.
Tetrahydrocannabinol, most often referred to as THC, is the psychoactive compound that is derived from the cannabis plant. It causes the “high effect”, and is federally regulated in the U.S, yet is legal in Canada for recreational and medicinal use, and also in some US states.
All CBD pet products must contain less than 0.3% to be safe and legal. This is because THC produces serious side effects in pets, and can even be deadly. Always opt for non-psychoactive hemp oil, and reputable CBD supplements made in either Canada or the U.S. so that you can be sure about all the ingredients in a specific CBD pet product.
World Health Organization (WHO)
According to a recent report from the World Health Organization, CBD is a safe supplement when it has no contaminants or heavy metals. CBD products for pets and humans should also be third party tested and have a certificate of analysis (COA). Hemp-derived CBD products that are organic, grown, and manufactured in the USA, and that use a full-spectrum CBD oil, administered in the correct potency and dosage via tinctures, capsules, and edibles, will offer optimal health benefits.
CBG for pets with no appetite
Hemp-infused oil for pets is great! Look at all the studies out there demonstrating all the health benefits to pets. Cannabigerol is a cannabinoid found in less than 1% of cannabis strains and is great for numerous health issues in pets.
A new study has demonstrated that “ Cannabigerol (CBG) is another major phytocannabinoid having a pharmacological profile relatively similar to THC and CBD in relation to its CB-independent activities.
CBG is non-psychotropic and does not bind or activate CB 1 or CB 2 . However, CBG is an antioxidant as well as anti-inflammatory, as it inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced (LPS) release of proinflammatory cytokines and prostaglandin E2 in primary microglial cells, activates and attenuates murine colitis induced by intracolonic administration of dinitrobenzene sulfonic acid.”
CBG studies found the following:
- CBG is a potentially disease-modifying agent in Huntington’s Disease
- CBG has neuroprotective properties
- CBG improved motor deficits
- CBG improved the levels of antioxidant defenses
- CBG improved appetite without producing adverse effects
- CBG is beneficial for autoimmune disease by protecting against nerve damage with anti-inflammatory properties
- CBG helps in regulating the bladder since the bladder has a high concentration of cannabinoid receptors
- CBG is said to be the TRPM8 (potential target for cancer treatment)
- Effective as a pain reliever
- Helps with inflammatory bowel disease
- Good for relief from side effects of cancer with chemotherapy and radiation
- Promotes healthy skin and coat
- Prevents cognitive decline
- Good for cardiac health
- Good for digestive health
- Good for blood disorders
- Combats free radicals, and may prevent cancer
- Good for diabetes prevention, and in reducing diabetes in dogs by up to 56%
That said, there still needs to be more research done on the benefits of CBG as an effective treatment for the above-mentioned health conditions.
CBG oil study for appetite
There has been growing interest in how CBD oil can help regulate your dog’s appetite. When your dog refuses to eat anything, even treats, you’ll know that he’s not feeling well. When your dog skips a few meals, he’ll have less energy, and sleep more. Studies show that CBG helps to increase appetite.
Researchers added that “We have previously shown that a cannabis extract devoid of ∆(9)-THC still stimulates appetite, indicating that other phytocannabinoids also elicit hyperphagia. One possible candidate is the non-psychoactive phytocannabinoid cannabigerol (CBG), which has an affinity for several molecular targets with known involvement in the regulation of feeding behavior,” via NCBI
Effective and safe CBD pet products
When choosing the best CBD oil product for your dog, you’ll need to make sure that your product of choice has the following:
- No preservatives or additives
- Lab-tested for purity
- Made for pets specifically
- Extracted from organic hemp so that it has no contaminants.
- Not psychoactive and must have less than 3% THC
Hemp Oil for Pets by Pet Relief to promote appetite
- Full Spectrum Cannabinoids
PB Hemp Oil for Pets may be beneficial for anxiety and stress in dogs. It also helps with joint pain, sleep issues, canine depression, skin and coat health, as a muscle tension pain killer, and general aches and pains. It is organically grown in Colorado and contains no herbicides or pesticides. The reviews about this product are positive, with customers highly recommending this product for anxiety, chronic pain, and seizures in dogs.
- Organically grown
- Made in the USA
- 100% Natural ingredients
- Third-party tested
- Cruelty-free and vegan
- Value for money
- A good flavor that dogs enjoy
- Effective pain relief
- Easy-to administer
- Helps to promote appetite
- Eases joint pain and anxiety
- USA made
- Organic and natural ingredients
- Third-party certified
- Veterinarian approved
- Contains Omega 3,6,9
- Helps relieve hot spots and itchy skin
- Great price 2 for the price of 1
- Easy-to administer
- Works well for anxiety
- Helps with appetite
- May be used for effective pain relief
Natural Doggie CBD infused Bacon and Cheese Baked Dog Treats offer a delicious, nutritious dog treat that will help relieve anxiety and reduce pain. These treats are a great natural product to add to your dog’s daily diet. The treats are made in the USA and grain and THC free. Your dog will love the bacon and cheese flavor!
CBD edibles for pets make life much easier. Besides what’s better than safe, natural, vegan, and non-GMO? Keep reading to find out more about Natural Doggie CBD infused bacon and cheese baked dog treats, how to use them, and why they are so popular?
Here’s the deal!
CBD dog treats by Natural Doggie are 100% safe, natural, and non-toxic. They provide pain relief and ward off anxiety and canine depression. With most CBD dog treats having less than 1% THC to no THC, dogs will not experience any “high” after consuming CBD treats.
Natural Doggie Pet Products are Hemp-Derived and 100% THC-free
- Made in our own certified laboratory
- Our Product is Legal in All 50 States
- Made from Organic, Human Grade Ingredients free of GMOs
- Certified Analysis of Test Results
- Cheese and bacon flavor
- Promotes calmness in anxious dogs
- Reduces chronic pain and inflammation
- Promotes healthy appetite & fights nausea
- Contains no THC and will not make your dog “high”
- The CBD Oil ingredient features patented Nano-Sized Microemulsion for maximum bioavailability and absorption
- Each bite contains 2 mg of CBD
- Natural Doggie offers approx. 80 treats per bag
- Full refund guaranteed if you’re not happy with the results
- Tested and found to be free of heavy metals, harmful bacteria, yeast, mold, and other toxins
This product has the highest quality ingredients. Other similar products from this company include advanced mobility chews, healthy appetite CBD soft chews, organic pet CBD oil, and coconut oil for dogs infused with CBD.
CBD dog treats are an easy and effective way to help your dog. Healthy CBD dog treats that don’t contain artificial ingredients, preservatives or flavors will be healthier than those that do.
What does CBD do?
1. Regulates appetite hormones
Cannabidiol (CBD) interacts with the endocannabinoid system which controls endocrine processes. When it activates the receptors in the brain and body, CBD also influences the endocrine system. This system consists of a group of tissues that release hormones into the bloodstream, which in turn travel to other parts of the dog’s body.
Some hormones will only act on a single tissue, while other hormones affect the whole body. When cannabidiol is used in dogs with reduced appetite, it triggers a “jump-start” on the endocannabinoid system, and stimulates appetite.
2. Relieves nausea in cancer patients
CBD acts on the endocannabinoid receptors and affects the receptors by regulating neural transmissions. CBD oil for dogs is helpful in the treatment of numerous conditions without taking on the intoxicating effect of marijuana.
According to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NIH) “ Drugs containing cannabinoids may be helpful in treating certain rare forms of epilepsy, nausea and vomiting associated with cancer chemotherapy, and loss of appetite and weight loss associated with HIV/AIDS. In addition, some evidence suggests modest benefits of cannabis or cannabinoids for chronic pain and multiple sclerosis symptoms. Cannabis isn’t helpful for glaucoma . Research on cannabis or cannabinoids for other conditions is in its early stages.”
3. Eases depression and anxiety
This can be caused by stress, chemical imbalance, abuse, or loss of a loved one in the home. Boredom, stress, lack of exercise and mental stimulation, and even kids going back to school can cause your furry best friend to feel down. Illness and pain can also cause depression and lack of appetite. If there are any major changes in your household, the cannabidiol may help treat depression.
Because of its therapeutic effects, cannabidiol will have a calming effect on your dog. If your dog seems to be sleeping a lot, displays unusual behavior, and seems out of sorts, consult with your veterinarian to rule out underlying health issues, and to discuss how cannabidiol as a nutraceutical may be beneficial in reducing depression.
CBD dosage for dogs with no appetite
Before administering CBD, you’ll need to determine the best CBD dosage for your pet. If your dog has been diagnosed with a serious health condition, you’ll need to ask your vet if cannabidiol pet supplements would be beneficial. Your dog’s size, age, breed, and health condition need to be considered prior to dosing.
Dosing is 1mg to 6mg of CBD per 10 pounds of body weight, depending on the dog. You’ll also have to understand the potency of the CBD dog treat/oil brand. Every brand and product line will have different potencies and dosage instructions. Always start your dog off on the lowest dose and slowly work your way up until you’ve reached a dose that’s effective, and that your dog is comfortable on.
CBD products on the market
Consumers are advised to ask whether their CBD product of choice is a full-spectrum oil or if it uses an isolate. Also if the hemp used is from locally grown USA hemp? European sourced hemp may have originated from China, and ended up being processed in Europe. That said, hemp from China is not of as high quality and purity, and may contain bio-contaminants and heavy metals. Today, hemp mainly originates from 4 states, Colorado, South Carolina, Oregon, and Kentucky.
How to choose a pet CBD supplement?
- Look for organic, USDA certified hemp. There are specific strains grown for pets like the PR-33.
- Entire plant use of both seeds and stalk results in the CBD oil providing a multitude of additional benefits for sick dogs, because it includes terpenoids and flavonoids.
- CBD bottles with droppers are easiest to use.
- Chronic illnesses and pain may do better with CBD oil use, while CBD treats may work for anxiety and mild joint pain.
- Always check the potency of the CBD oil prior to purchasing, and consult with your veterinarian. (There are several potencies to meet the needs of dogs of all sizes.)
- Find out about how the CBD oil in your product was extracted?
- CBD tends to have fewer side effects than pharmaceuticals.
- Purchase only THC- free CBD products for your dog.
- CBD oil is extracted and then added to carrier oil. Read the product’s website for more product information
- Look at the product’s website, and ask plenty of questions about the product’s specific benefits.
- Find out about their customer service.
- Certificate of Analysis (COA) is most important to ensure a high-quality product that is safe for your pet.
Just one look at the CBD supplement pet industry is proof that it’s here to stay! Sales are booming, and we’re getting a better understanding of how it works in pets. Even when your four-legged best friend feels better and is eating again, you may still benefit by using CBD as a daily supplement for a happier, calmer, and stress-free dog!
How CBD Oil Can Increase Your Dog’s Appetite And Prevent Nausea & Vomiting
Cannanine™ Ultra-Premium Hemp Oil (250mg, 500mg, 1000mg)
$69.99 – $129.99 $39.99 – $99.99
The most potent and cost effective method. Cannanine hemp oil is great for dogs experiencing ongoing issues with mobility, a sense of calm and allergies.
Not every dog can be classified as a full-blown chow hound, but in general, dogs love to eat. They use their irresistible puppy dog eyes to beg for the last bite of your sandwich, and even if they’re picky about what goes in their bowl, meal times are the best parts of their day.
A dog that suddenly acts as if they’re not hungry is usually telling their owners that something isn’t right. The longer they go without eating, the more calories and nutrients they miss out on. They get skinny and suffer from malnutrition, and without food, they sink deeper into illness.
Food is the fuel that keeps your dog’s body going, and without it, they’ll continue to grow weaker. They need to be strong to fight off whatever underlying issue they’re suffering from, and CBD oil stimulates appetite and reduces nausea to help dogs regain their appetites.
What is CBD Oil?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a type of cannabinoid found in cannabis. There are over 100 different cannabinoids, and CBD is the big player when it comes to healing and well-being. It interacts with the endocannabinoid system (a biological system all mammals have) to create better communication between various parts of the body. CBD oil triggers immune responses via endocannabinoid receptors to help the body stay balanced.
But Isn’t Cannabis Bad For Dogs?
Marijuana is a type of cannabis that is dangerous for dogs, and they should never be exposed to the plant itself or its smoke. CBD oil, however, is a compound found in both marijuana and hemp. It has no psychoactive properties–meaning it can’t make you high–and it’s completely safe and natural for dogs. CBD oil from hemp is legal, and people all over the country are realizing its amazing health benefits.
Reasons Dogs Lose Their Appetite and Experience Vomiting
Without the ability to speak up about what’s wrong, your dog relies on you to recognize their loss of appetite for what it really is. There’s always a cause, and it’s your job to figure out what it is. Sometimes the cause is something minor that you can handle from home, but there are also cases where a lack of appetite requires a visit to the vet. Here are a few possibilities.
Illness: This is a broad category, but there are several types of illnesses that can cause appetite loss. If your dog refuses to eat for 24 hours but is gobbling down dinner the next day, the issue could have been that they ate something they weren’t supposed to or ate too fast. If they’ve been refusing to eat for 48 hours or more, however, it’s time to see a veterinarian. Possible illnesses include kidney failure, or an infection.
Medication: Most prescription medications come with possible side effects, and loss of appetite is common. Chemotherapy is an example. The powerful treatment causes extreme nausea, and like people, dogs don’t feel like eating when they’re battling bouts of vomiting and diarrhea. Always ask your vet about possible side effects before administering a new medication to your dog.
Stress and Anxiety: Feeling stressed and anxious can cause digestive upset in dogs that subsequently causes loss of appetite. If you recently moved to a new home, introduced your dog to a new family member, dropped them off at a boarding kennel, or initiated any other kind of change in their life, their lack of appetite could be related to their mental health. When you recognize their distress, you can take steps toward making them feel better usually without seeing a veterinarian.
CBD Oil Can Stimulate, Increase Appetite and Prevent Nausea
The endocannabinoid system is believed to play a role in regulating the body’s feeding behavior. When appetite is diminished due to illness, stress, or any other reason, CBD oil can be used to “jump start” the endocannabinoid system and stimulate appetite. Studies also show cannabinoid receptors in the hypothalamus are involved in triggering the brain’s motivational or reward-based aspect of eating.
At the same time, CBD also reduces nausea that can keep a dog from eating. A study published in 2012 discovered CBD oil targets specific receptors to activate a bodily response that suppresses the feeling of nausea. When their stomach is settled, your dog will be more inclined to eat and take in all the nutrients they need to stay healthy.
Administering CBD oil is easy, and best of all, it’s safe. All you have to do is find a quality product and follow the dosing instructions. For tinctures, the recommended dosing is usually about one drop of CBD oil per 10 pounds of the dog’s body weight. Always read the product’s label before giving it to your dog, and monitor their behavior for the possibility of side effects including tremors and dry mouth. CBD oil works fast, and giving your dog a daily dose right before their scheduled meal time should help them feel hungry enough to eat and keep everything in their stomach.
Cannanine™ Organic Hemp Oil is made from organic hemp grown in Colorado. Unlike other CBD oil products that contain trace amounts of high-inducing THC, this product contains zero THC. It has been heavily tested to ensure it’s free of heavy metals and other toxins, and is an all-natural way to stimulate appetite and fight nausea in dogs.
Choose The Right Relief For Your Pup
100% Money Back Guarantee
PLUS Up To 40% Off When You Shop Today
8 Things You Didn’t Know About CBD Oil for Dogs
Here are 8 things that you might not know about this herb that has taken the world by storm with so much misconception in the marketplace.
- CBD is not Psychoactive (you can’t get high from it): CBD (cannabidiol) is a compound that is found in both cannabis and hemp. THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) can also be found in cannabis and is what gives marijuana its psychoactive properties. Most CBD oils are simply just the benefits of CBD without the THC. Typically CBD is usually extracted from hemp rather than marijuana, so simply put – your dog won’t get high from CBD oil. She’ll get the relaxation without the intoxication.
- CBD Oil Reduces Anxiety: CBD has been extensively studied for its effect on stress and anxiety. In humans it’s been found to:
- Reduce anxiety while speaking in public
- Reduce anxiety in both healthy people and those with anxiety disorders
- Be effective in those with panic disorders and PTSD
- CBD Can Fight Cancer: CBD and other substances in hemp and cannabis have been determined to have an anti-tumor effect. CBD has even been found to stop cancer cells from growing and increase death of cancerous cells.
- CBD has been shown to help the immune systems Killer T Cells consume cancerous cells
- CBD kills cancerous cells by inhibiting their ability to produce energy.
- The anti-tumor properties of CBD slow and inhibit glioma cell growth.
- CBD Can Treat Seizures and Epilepsy: An estimated 5% of dogs suffer from seizures. Most of them are put on drugs like phenobarbital and potassium bromide which may help control the seizures but can be extremely harmful to your dog’s liver and other internal organs. Unfortunately, these drugs also do not work in all cases. CBD has been shown to be effective in drug-resistant epilepsy. In one study, 83% of patients with drug resistant epilepsy saw a marked improvement within 4 -5 months of taking CBD on a regular schedule. In another study, 84% of children with treatment-resistant epilepsy who had been taking CBD had a reduction in the frequency of seizures.
- CBD is a Pain Reliever: Scientists are considering CBD as a new class of drug in the treatment of chronic pain since the cannabinoids in CBD work so well for controlling pain. Studies show that CBD is highly effective for
- Decreasing pain (including neuropathy and nerve-related pain)
- Decreasing the impact of inflammation on oxidative stress (which causes degeneration and premature aging)
- Decreasing inflammation in acute pancreatitis
- Reducing inflammation
- Reducing intestinal inflammation associated with irritable bowel disease. Animal studies show that CBD is effective is preventing colitis (IBD) and restoring normal gut motility in IBD.
- CBD Helps Protect the Nervous System and Helps with Neurodegenerative Diseases: For does that are suffering from degenerative myelopathy and other spinal and nervous issues, CBD shows great promise. It’s been shown to help patients with ALS, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases by protecting the brain cells from toxicity. For senior dogs CBD has been shown to protect the brain from cell death caused by toxins and free radicals.
- CBD Increases Appetite And Helps With Nausea: If you have trouble getting your dog to eat, CBD can help. The National Cancer Institute reports that CBD increases appetite. In animal studies, CBD has also been shown to help with vomiting and nausea, even when they’re the result of toxins and drugs.
- CBD Promotes Cardiovascular Health: CBD has been linked to heart health. Studies show it can reduce the damage from damaged blood vessels and irregular heart rates, protect blood vessels from damage and dilate the arteries, and reduce heart rate and blood pressure associated with stress and anxiety.
CBD Oil For Dogs Is Legal And Safe
With so many studies showing the health benefits of CBD, the most encouraging result is that CBD appears to be safe, even when taken in high doses and over extended periods of time. It can decrease the activity of liver enzymes used to metabolize many prescription drugs, so if your dog is on medication, check with your vet before using CBD.
Most CBD oil for dogs and other pets is derived from hemp oil, so it contains no or very small traces of THC. Because of this, all 50 states have approved the use of hemp-based CBD for human and animal products.
The bottom line is, CBD oil could be a healthy (or even life-saving) herb for your dog. More and more pet owners and vets are drawn to its diverse and marked health benefits and they feel good knowing the side effects are mild and animals don’t appear to build up a tolerance.
Choose A Good CBD Oil For Your Dog
Not all CBD oils are equal…you’ll want a high quality CBD oil that works, so here are a few things to look for:
- Go organic: If it isn’t organic, your CBD oil contains pesticides, fungicides or solvents.
- Don’t cheap out: The higher the quality and purity, the higher the cost. Don’t price shop … make sure your CBD oil is free of additives and has a good amount of CBD.
- Get the analysis: Ask for a lab analysis of the amount of CBD in the product. Many CBD oils contain only small amounts of CBD. The manufacturer should provide a certificate of analysis. You’ll also want to make sure there is little or no THC in the product.
- Buy CBD as a tincture: You can buy CBD in treats but the best form is in a tincture. This way, you can adjust your dog’s dose drop by drop to make sure he gets the most benefit. CBD treats are just that – treats. We think they’re great, just don’t use them to treat ailments, you’ll likely be disappointed in the results.
Just like any treatment, start your dog off slowly but don’t let the naysayers tell you CBD isn’t a good option for your dog … the research is being done and the results are very promising.
Come to either Bend Pet Express location and talk to our knowledgeable staff about CBD options today. We have a great selection.